Tuesday, February 19, 2008

goals

well for one class i had to come up with some goals, and alicia helped me come up with some good ones! here they are:
1. read the conference issue of the ensign before next conference (april).
2. eat only one sugary food a day for the rest of the semester as an effort to eat more healthy.
3.
update my blog once a week for the rest of the semester.
4.
go to bed by 11:30 every school night this semester (wish me luck)
5. no homework on sunday for all of my college career.
6. read 20 minutes from a book that i like and choose to read (not a text book!) each day for the rest of the semester (i SO need to finish the harry potter series!).
7. write a letter to either my grandparents, family, or missionary friends each Sunday for the rest of the year
8. do something athletic each week (rock climbing, soccer game, running, going to the gym...i know only once a week is weak sauce but its better than nothing...and i don't really think that more than that is realistic!)

3 comments:

Rachel said...

you should probably change that one goal.
You know, the one about going to bed by 11:30 every night.
Didn't happen!!
:)

Jeff Hamm said...

Great goals! Good luck with them and even if you don't quite achieve them you'll be better for the efforts that you made!

Rebecca Pierce said...

Your goal to never do homework on Sunday is an awesome one, and as with any offering of obedience, the small sacrifice will pay back huge. I never studied on Sunday, and I always felt like I truly looked forward to Sunday for the break that it was and for the refocusing I could do to gear up for another week. Otherwise, it's just another day of knots in your tummy with a three hour break for church. Henry B. Eyring never once studying on Sunday, and he earned some really lofty degrees. Maybe you already knew that, but he spoke about it once that I remember when I was at BYU. Maybe you could look it up. Or maybe you already know that. Anyway, good luck!