Thursday, August 26, 2010

mccall

been doing alot of this lately...



boat rides
pancake house
marshmallow oreo milkshakes
family
sunburns
crossing things off of our life lists
friendship bracelets
"super turn!"
swimming to the buoy
trying to save dying seagulls from the lake
those potatoes
tubing 
pb&j sandwiches (my favorite...)
beach
sasquatch talks
reading
burgdorf
late nights on the dock talking about life
biddles
bluno
early mornings to slalom ski
no makeup
cabin hunting
tuna with pickles
peggys carmel corn
dock surfing
thrift stores
no computer
oreo truffles
my fathers place
living in our swimsuits
meteor showers
playing scum
sleeping on the dock for the first time
triple scoop of butterfinger blast icecream
wake surfing
tanning on the dock
"constantly panning..."
going to the cliffs
trips to may hardware
sharing one bathroom
sleeping in the loft
baby lotion
memories


i love mccall. every first weekend in august we come up to mccall for the james famer family reunion, the first reunion was in 1978 and we've been having them ever since. my great grandpa james farmer bought the cabin and it's still in working condition. nothing high class, but that's the fun of it. i love coming up to the cabin every year and spending almost all of august at the lake. i love seeing all of my family that i only see once a year. i love staying a few weeks after with the biddles and having extra time with them in mccall.


















 so...wanna come?

6 comments:

Alicia said...

Fun pictures! I was so not ready to leave when we had to go. Wish we could stay for weeks.

stephanie said...

Ah man, I feel so deprived, only having been to McCall twice in my entire life (I know, right?).

MARSHMELLOW oreo milkshakes!?

marisa said...

Wow, McCall eh? I never knew there was anything fun about that place! Just seemed like a random town. You've proved me wrong! I'm jealous.

joslin said...

oh i love this post. mccall is pretty great.

tori said...

1... 2... 3... BLOG!
Way to be a woman of your word.
I need to get on that.
But don't worry, I will.

And... love McCall. I need to take Jordan there. He needs to experience it's wonderfulness.

Allyson Blake Harper Annimal and little Liv said...

I love McCall!!! We go up all the time! The pics made me kinda sad to be all the way out in Missouri.... I miss Idaho!