Thursday, March 6, 2008

random facts about me


-i hate feet. alot. first of all i don't know how people like feet or even just don't mind them. i just think they are a little bit gross. my whole family mostly feels the same about this, so imagine the 5 oldest kids in my family squished in a car where there were alot of bare feet around and not alot of places to put them. there was alot of commotion about the feet. (name this movie: "he did warn you about the feet") i especially don't like beach feet. ecch. this does not in any way mean that i don't like pedicures. definitely not, in fact i love them. other people can touch my feet all they want, i just won't touch theirs back.
-my food has to be crunchy. well of course not things that aren't supposed to be crunchy, silly. i mean like things you cook. maybe pizza. rolls. you know, things like that. my roommates have noticed this about me and they tease me about it, and ill admit its a little crazy. for example i definitely don't microwave food that is supposed to be cooked in the oven. taquitos. storebought pizzas, even regular pizzas: microwaves are NOT the answer. crunchy please.
-makeup. okay i have this thing with throwing out makeup. it is hard for me. like whenever one of my mascaras get old, i buy a new one. but i have a hard time throwing the old one away. i think to myself: what if i couldn't find my new one? or what if i ever didn't want to buy a new one and i could still use this one cuz it works...just not as good. you know? anyways i know its crazy. but it happens. so i cleaned out my makeup bag the other day and had danielle throw them away for me because i couldn't bear to do it. i had seven things of mascara in my bad. oops. now i only have three.
-i have started to drink out of my o.j. container. its like the half gallon size you know, and i always thought it was gross when people drank out of their milk cartons or things of the like but i realized now how great it is. it saves washing a cup. and getting a cup out for that matter. i don't think i would drink out of the carton if i was in a real home where i shared it with others, but as for right now, its just mine so i will take a swig right out of the carton, thanks.
-i love love orange slushies. not people sometimes ask me: what exactly is in an orange slushy. well its just orange juice. you simply buy a little bottle of o.j. drink a little bit out of it (so it doesn't explode) and then pop it in the freezer. then the next day you take it out, let it sit for about an hour or more and shake it on up. then enjoy. i have them alot of times if i don't have time to grab some other real food.
-i love sleeping with a fan blowing right on my face. when i came out here i had forgotten my fan, but luckily my mom sent me the perfect one a few weeks after. it has a little clamp, and little did she know that there is a little shelf right above my head that i can conviniently use to clamp the fan on so it blows RIGHT on to my face. it's delightful, i love feeling the fan and mostly i love the noise of the fan during the night.

11 comments:

Rick said...

Love reading the blogs....the more I do, the more i realize you're a chip off the ol' block

Love you

farmersdozen.com said...

except that dad doesn't have feet or mascara issues...that I know of? and he certainly better not be drinking out of juice or milk cartons in his house...that is more of an Alicia thing...:)

Lindsay Jane said...

A) I love to drink out of the carton too...I don't limit it to orange juice. I'll drink, milk, anything in a pitcher, etc. I'm actually pretty good at not touching the container with my lips but I still restrain myself from drinking most people's beverages this way. I'd probably drink Alicia's beverages straight from the container, I bet she'd do the same to mine.
B) I too sleep with a fan on my face. I've had the same fan for 10 years. Yes, 10 years of using it every single night for at least 8 hours. That's a great product.
C) I have trouble throwing away makeup too. So what I've started is my travel stash as the next step from being my day to day make up. When I get new makeup I move the old stuff to my travel stash and throw away whatever was in the travel stash. It's easier this way although I don't know why.

Jeff Hamm said...

Our family is ADDICTED to the fans, thanks in large part to my mission in the Philippines where you had fans to 1)keep you barely cool enough to sleep without sweating and 2) to keep the mosquitoes from being able to land on you. These are the large stand-up fans and they would sit right at the foot of our bed pointed right at us full blast. This reminds me that you were the one cousin that guessed correctly where I was going to go on my mission. Definitely inspired.

The Quigleys said...

Laurie- she did not get that from me, though I have done it :) Linds is right though...I would drink from hers and she would ok in drinking from mine. She DOES chew the spicy out of my gum. I tend to keep make up too, and little bottles of mostly gone lotion and all that kind of stuff. What if I might need it? Tonight because I am packing I will be getting rid of most of that kind of things. I like a fan too, but now that I haven't for awhile it is a little weird for me. I miss it sometimes.

Mrs. James Quigley said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Julie said...

I'm glad you did this kaitin.

Esther Noelle said...

Hi Kaitlin! Just wanted to say thanks again for watching Robby the other night! Sorry he was a bit of a bum! We think you are great!

Biddle Family said...

Kaitlin, sounds like the makeup thing is a common female problem...
Although I must say that drinking out of the container is the MOST ANNOYING thing in the world! Actually I don't mind if I do it.. not that I ever do but when I see someone else do it..it makes my skin crawl!!!!!!!!!!! seriously! there is something wrong with me. and an other thing that gets me is when I make cookie dough and it gets eaten before I even get a chance to make them!
aaaarrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhh
the fan thing is pretty much a MUST here in AZ.

Rebecca Pierce said...

I'm just like you when it comes to crunch food. I don't know why someone would eat a slimy version of a pizza when they could wait a little longer and have it all flaky and crunchy. I rarely find a reason to use a microwave, because I can't heat up leftovers in them either. They have to go back in the oven too. It's a longer process, but the only way to go.

Rebecca Pierce said...

P.S. In my opinion, it is pretty much an injustice to have children go to bed without a fan. I don't blow it on them, but we use them (even have battery powered ones for camping) religiously. Addicted!